Graduate Teacher (Arts And Science) Recruitment 2020 : Assam High School Teacher
Last Date of Application 30-09-2020
Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE), Assam has announced an official advertisement for the posts of 5746 Graduate Teacher (Arts & Science) in provincialized High/ Higher Secondary schools in Assam of 21 plain districts of Assam.
1. Name of Post: Graduate Teacher (Arts)
No of posts: Total- 3903
2. Name of Post: Graduate Teacher (Science)
No of posts: Total- 1843
Rs.14,500/- to Rs.60,500/- Per Month
Rs.8,700/- Per Month
- Age Limit / Relaxation: A candidate must not be less than 18 years of age and not more than 40 years for unreserved category, 42 years for Ex-Servicemen, 43 years for OBC/ MOBC, and 45 years for SC/ ST(P)/ST(H), and 50 years for Persons with Disability (PwD) as on 1st January 2020 as per Govt. Office Memorandum vide No. ABP.6/2016/51 Dated 02/09/2020.This relaxation shall be applicable only to those candidates who have attained the necessary educational or other qualifications prior to the crossing of their existing upper age limit of 40 years.
District Wise Vacancy:
Minimum Educational and Professional Qualification for Assam High School Teacher:
- For the Graduate Teacher (Arts) Graduate or Post Graduate from recognized University in Arts subject with at least 50% marks in either Graduation or Post Graduation (or its equivalent) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized Institution, but degree obtained from off-campus and distance education institution shall not be considered as valid.
- For the post of Graduate Teacher (Science), the candidate must be a Science Graduate or Post Graduate in Science having from a recognized University with at least 50% marks in either Graduation or Post Graduation (or its equivalent) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized Institution, but degree obtained from off-campus and distance education institution shall not be considered as valid.
- In respect of Secondary TET, the Candidate must obtain 60% marks in each paper for the UR category and 55% marks for OBC/MOBC, SC-ST(P) ST(H), and PwD category.
- No candidate is allowed to apply in the Bengali/Hindi/Assamese medium schools if the candidate does not have MIL in Bengali, Hindi, and Assamese respectively in the HSLC examination as the case may be. Only candidate having Bengali, Hindi, and Assamese as MIL in HSLC examination is allowed for applying in the schools which are imparting education in Bengali, Hindi and Assamese Medium.
- However as per Govt. Notification NoASE.313/2013/156 dated 21st January 2017. Under Provision of rule 30 of the Assam Secondary Education(Provincialised) Service Rules, 2003, The Governor of Assam is hereby pleased to accept the Diploma Certificate in the Assamese Language issued by Axom Sahitya Sabha in case of requirement of Assamese Language either as MIL or as an elective subject in HSLC or equivalent examination in respect of the candidates who have qualified High School TET.
Criteria for Selection of Graduate Teacher:
- 100 marks on the percentage of marks in B.A/B.Com/B.Sc examination (in case of Major/Hons, the
marks obtained in Major/Hons shall be taken into consideration).
- 100 marks on the percentage of marks in the HS final examination.
- 100 marks on the percentage of marks in B.T./B.Ed final examination.
- 100 marks on the percentage of marks in TET examination or 60 marks for 15 years of experience as an undergraduate/Junior Teacher in a provincialized High/Higher Secondary school having requisite academic and professional qualification. Any experienced teacher who has appeared but could not secure the minimum qualifying 60 marks in the TET, shall be awarded at least 60 marks in respect of their experience if he or she has already completed 15 years of teaching experience. Any marks secured by such experienced teacher over and above 60 qualifying marks in TET shall be counted additionally in respect of TET for such a teacher.
- Explanation: For the purpose of calculation of marks under the categories mentioned in clauses (i)(ii), (iii), and (iv) above it may be clarified that if a candidate secures; for example 60% marks in the particular examination he/she secures 60 marks out of 100 marks allotted in the concerned examination.
- 50 marks @ 25 marks for one year of teaching experience as a contractual teacher and another 25 marks for two years, subject to consideration for a minimum period of two years.
- 50 marks teaching experience for the teachers working continuously on fixed pay basis(other than contractual teachers) in a provincialized Higher Secondary School or High School/Madrassa for their service as fixed pay teachers provided they have a requisite academic and professional qualification.
- 10 marks for NCC certificate (10 marks for “C” certificate and 5 marks for “B” certificate).
- 10 marks for participating in recognized sports at the national level representing Assam.
- 10 marks for achievements in fine Arts and cultural activities representing the State officially at the National level.
How To Apply for the Posts:
- The eligible candidates shall apply online on the official website https://www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in/ from Midnight of 15/09/2020 to Midnight of 30/09/2020.
- After successful submission of the online form, candidates shall take a print out of the form and submit the same along with self-attested copies of mark-sheets and certificates in support of educational qualification, caste, disability, TET, BE.D and co-curricular activities at the time of document verification before the District Level Selection Committee. Candidates must also produce original documents that have been uploaded with the online application to the DSC etc.
- After submitting the online application form, the candidates will get a Unique Number against the submitted application and will keep the printout of the unique Number for all future references.
- Candidates may note that failing to qualify in Screening/ Verification of documents will result in the cancellation of their candidature. Online communication in this regard will be entertained.
- The office will not be responsible for any lapse in the submission of online applications due to any technical problem.
Documents to Submitted with Online Application
The following self-attested colored copies of certificates and documents to be submitted online
- Mark sheet of HSLC. HSSLC and BA/B. Sc.
- Pass Certificate of HSLC. HSSLC and BA/B. Sc.
- Pass Certificate of H.S.L.C./H.S.L.C. Admit Card in support of age.
- Certificate and Mark sheet of High School TET.
- Certificate and Mark sheet of B.Ed.
- Certificates in support of Schedule Caste / Schedule Tribe (Plains or Hills) / OBC / MOBC.
- Candidates with disabilities will have to enclose certificates of disabilities issued by Govt. authority.
- Certificate of NCC (B & C Category only)
- Certificate of recognized Sports at the national level representing Assam
- Certificate of Achievements in fine arts and cultural activities representing the state officials at a national level.
- Certificate of Ex-servicemen issued by the Director, Sainik Welfare Board.
- Certificate of EWS issued by the competent authority.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE – LINK WILL BE ACTIVE FROM 15-09-2020