The government of Assam will conduct all recruitment examinations for various departments through different universities of Assam. Assam Chief Secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna also announced the same on Tuesday.
The decision came in the wake of the recent scandal revolving around the Assam Police sub-inspector (SI) recruitment examination question paper leak.
Earlier, on the instructions of Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, the Chief Secretary met the Vice-Chancellors of the five public universities, along with the registrars as well as controller of examinations of the varsities. The new decision to conduct the recruitment test by the universities was adopted in that meeting.
The chief secretary informed that the state government will be conducting all government job recruitment examinations through five universities – Gauhati University, Tezpur University, Assam University, Dibrugarh University, and Cotton University.
As per an official notification issued in this connection
- Tezpur University will conduct recruitment test for the Irrigation Department.
- Dibrugarh University will conduct recruitment test for Police, Home Guards, Prisons, P&RD and Labour Departments.
- Gauhati University will conduct recruitment test for Industries & Commerce, Skill Development, Transport, Excise, Forest & Environment Departments.
- Assam University will conduct recruitment test for Social Welfare and Soil Conservation Departments.
- Further, the State Cabinet meeting held on 7 October resolved that henceforth no private parties will be involved in conducting tests for any government services related recruitment examinations. It was also resolved that either the department itself will conduct the recruitment test or else it shall be done by the state or central universities in Assam.